Tingkat Persepsi dan Adopsi Petani Padi terhadap Penerapan System of Rice Intensification (SRI) di Desa Simarasok, Sumatera Barat
MetadataShow full item record
System of Rice Intensification or SRI is one of the methods in rice cultivation techniques. SRI is a rice cultivation practice that gives more attention to the conditions of better plant growth, especially in the root zone compared to traditional cultivation techniques. The aims of this study are to identify the perception and adoption level of farmers’ adoption in implementing SRI method and to analyze the factors that influence the adoption of SRI method. A questionnaire survey was conducted at Simarasok Village, Baso Sub-district, Agam District, West Sumatera to 35 farmers by purposive sampling. The data were processed by using logistic regression. The results showed that 57.1 percent of respondents had a good perception of the adoption of SRI while the remaining 42.9 percent had a bad perception. Meanwhile, the adoption rate of farmers was 51.4 percent of respondents have implemented the method in accordance with the guidelines of SRI and the remaining 48.6 percent have not yet. Logistic regression analysis showed that there were three variables that significantly affect the rate of SRI adoption which are farming experience, age and level of perception.
- UT - Agribusiness