Strategi pengembangan pembiayaan usaha perikanan tangkap di Kota Tegal, Propinsi Jawa Tengah
Development of strategy for financing capture fisheries business in Tegal city, Central Java Province
Wiyono, Eko Sri
Iskandar, Budhi Hascaryo
MetadataShow full item record
Currently there are approximately 49,8 million small and medium scale businesses in Indonesia, and yet from that figures only 13 % of small scale businesses including fisheries business are able to have access to banking institution, while the rest 87 % are still relied on their owned capital. The weak access to credit and financing also happen in Tegal city, Central Java Province eventough Tegal is considered as one of the fisheries activities center in the country. This research aims to analyze feasibility of capture fisheries business, important production factors in capture fisheries operation, financing components interaction, existing condition of financing to capture fisheries business , and determine priority strategy to develop financing to capture fisheries business in Tegal city, Central Java Province. This research utilizes financial analysis methods, SEM, SWOT and AHP. From the type of fishing gears which are mostly used by fishermen in Tegal, jaring arad, cantrang, gillnet, purse seine and pancing layangan are those considered feasible to be developed. Gillnet monofilamen and jaring rampus are considered not feasible due to their Net B/C ratios are 1,00 and 1,00 respectively ( Standard > 1 ), and IRR are 4,38 % and 3,09 % respectively ( Standard > 6,25 ). Important production factors in fish catching operation for each fishing gear are as follows : (a) jaring arad, are : length of fishing net and stocks of fresh water, (b) cantrang, are: gasoline stocks and ice block stocks, (c) gillnet monofilamen, is length of fishing net, (d) gillnet, are length of fishing net, days of trip, gasoline stocks, ice block stocks, vessel crews, fresh water stock and supplies, (e) jaring rampus, are : length of fishing net, gasoline stocks, ice block stocks and vessel crews, (f) purse seine, are : gasoline stocks, (g) pancing layangan, are : gasoline stocks. The components which are significantly interacted ( p < 0,05 ) in fisheries financing are a : (a) banking institution, consist of general bank ( Bank Umum ) and local government banks (BPD), (b) government institutions, consist of Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries of Republic of Indonesia (KKP RI), (c) capture fisheries business performance, consist of Net B/C, IRR and ROI ratios, (d) political policies, consist of KKPE, KUR and BPLM, and (e) financing performance, consist of amount of credit/ financing given. Existing condition of financing to capture fisheries business in Tegal are now in grow/stability condition (quadran V), with internal factors total score 2,61 ( adequate) and external factors score 2,47 (adequate) , so that still feasible to obtain financing support. Policy startegy which can be developed and becoming financing solution for capture fisheries business in Tegal (based on priority) (inconsistency ratio 0,05) are : improvement of management and performance of capture fisheries business, collateral alocation for credit with lower interest rate, improvement of credit commitment and sanction enforcement to the violator , widely socialization of credit policy to fishermen in order to enhance their understanding on credit and financing, jointly liable in financing urgently needed supplies, improvement of fishermen skill and self-sufficiency of fishing gear .
- DT - Fisheries